Did these COVID-19 isolation change your hobbies into baking? cause me too!
Back in Melbourne, through my reading and assignment is not enough to keep me occupied and stay sane during the iso. So, as much as i thought i’m not gonna cook like what other do during lock down, can’t help my self but finally did it. It feels like, my self automatically want to make something, and Tiramisu immediately come-up in mind. FYI. my first attempt was a failure. During those period, everything were empty on the store, so i decided to alternate some ingredients, but, it leads me to total failure. hahaha. but now i’m home, and it’s much more comfortable to make anything. so i give my self a second try. and oh boy, this was best!
Let me tell you one thing, this Tiramisu is super-easy-to-make. but the results taste similar to best cake store and cafe in Melbourne. and i like the strong coffee taste on my Tiramisu!
First thing first, here is what you need
- Lady Finger (i use 250g)
- Whipping Cream (250 ml)
- Mascarpone Cheese (200ml)
- Sugar (100g)
- Vanilla Extract (1tsp)
- 3 Cups of Espresso (beware yourself for not sleeping tonight)
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top.
- Plus, can use 1 tablespoon for liquor (ps. i dont)
Haven’t i tell you how easy this Tiramisu to make? – Cause all that you need just put things, whisk and pour less than 15 minutes! here is the step;
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peak form.
2. Add in Mascarpone cheese (and liquor if any) and continue until stiff peaks.
3. Deep lady fingers in coffee (can add any liquor) and place in a wide pan (can use 8×8 pan to make the first layer). don’t let them soak too long because it absorb the moist quite quick.
4. Spread Half the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer. and repeat soaking lady fingers on second layer, and spread the mixture for finalize.
5. dust the top of Tiramisu with cocoa powder. and leave it at-least for 4 hours. (i leave it overnight haha.)
6. This easy Tiramisu is ready to eat. 🙂